Best overall: Thorne Research
- Why we chose it: Thorne offers customers stringent testing, a wide range of products, and fairly affordable prices, making it a good option for a wide range of people.
- Certifications: National Science Foundation (NSF), Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), and NSF Certified for Sport.
- Product range: multivitamins, vitamins, minerals, probiotics, fish oil, omega-3 supplements, fiber, collagen powders, protein powders, and creatine.
- Price range: $12–$67
Thorne Research products have received certifications stating they meet manufacturing, purity, and potency standards from organizations such as the Therapeutic Goods Administration and NSF International.
The company claims its supplements are free from contaminants, heavy metals, and fillers.
Certification by these different organizations means that:
- athletes can use more than 30 Thorne products NSF Certified for Sport with confidence that they contain all of what they should and none of what they should not
- Thorne’s manufacturing facilities, warehouses, and shipping centers have all passed Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspections
- Thorne products, procedures, and manufacturing facilities meet the stringent standards of the Australian Department of Health Therapeutic Goods Administration
Thorne Research sells a range of vitamins and dietary supplements, including:
- amino acids
- sports supplements
With its rigorous testing and wide product range, many of which are suitable for athletes, Thorne offers vitamins for a wide range of needs.
- supplements are free from heavy metals, contaminants, and fillers
- the company offers customers a large product range, some of which are NSF Certified Safe for Sport
- its manufacturing facilities go through third-party testing
- not all products are third-party tested
- not all products are suitable for certain diets
- products may work out to be expensive if people buy them regularly
Best for different diets: MegaFood
- Why we chose it: MegaFoods offers multivitamins that are organic, kosher, and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Certifications: B Corporation, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Glyphosate Residue-free, Plastic Neutral, gluten-free, kosher, and vegan.
- Product range: vitamins and multivitamins
- Price range: $16.99–$59.98
Many MegaFood vitamins have certifications stating that they are organic, kosher, and suitable for vegetarians or vegans. Additionally, the products are non-GMO verified.
Its products aim to address immune health, digestion, sleep, and pre- and postnatal needs.
Multiple third-party organizations have verified the quality and origin of this company’s supplements, including the USDA. It is also a B Corporation, meaning it meets high standards of social, environmental, and ethical practices.
MegaFood sells supplements in different forms that target a wide range of needs and are suitable for different diets, ages, and life stages.
- the company produces products that are suitable for all age groups and different life stages
- the products have verification from multiple third parties
- products are suitable for all diets, including kosher, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan
- some reviewers reported unpleasant flavors from certain products
- others did not notice any effect on their health
- some of the tablets may be too big for some people to swallow