1. Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
You may not think you can make chicken wings in an Instant Pot, but this recipe is a quicker, healthier way of enjoying wings than what many people are used to. Just grab chicken, seasonings, and butter and you’ll have deliciously crispy buffalo wings in no time.
While ordering a plate of chicken wings at your favorite bar is certainly a special treat, you’d be shocked to learn how easy it is to make a plate of chicken wings right at home. Thanks to a very handy appliance, you can enjoy Instant Pot buffalo chicken wings at home with this easy recipe. The best part? You won’t need to deep fry these wings to get them crispy! Between cooking those wings in the Instant Pot and doing a quick broil in the oven, you’ll have yourself a delicious and tasty appetizer to enjoy with a crowd—or just eat all of them for dinner yourself!
Here’s how to make perfect chicken wings using your Instant Pot.
20 chicken wings
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup water
1 stick butter
1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Mix the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- With clean hands, rub the seasonings onto both sides of the chicken wings.
- Add the 1/2 cup water to the Instant pot, then place the trivet inside the Instant Pot.
- Add the seasoned wings to the rack, then close the Instant Pot with the lid.
- Cook at high pressure on manual (Pressure Cook) for 10 minutes. Wait for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, then it will cook the amount of time you set.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave. Once melted, whisk in the buffalo sauce.
- When the timer goes off, release the pressure right away, then open the lid.
- Set the oven to Broil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully take the wings out of the Instant Pot with tongs. Dip the wings into the buffalo sauce until they are fully covered, then place onto the lined baking sheet.
- Broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the skins get nice and crispy.
- Serve with blue cheese and celery.
2. Tilapia With Vegetables
Tilapia can sometimes lack flavor on its own, but this recipe uses butter and vegetable broth to bring in the extra flavor. You can keep this recipe Keto-friendly by just adding vegetables, or you can add another side of your choice like potatoes for some extra carbs.
Cooking during a busy week can be tough, especially if you’re trying to get dinner on the table for two. Which is why the Instant Pot can come in quite handy! If you’re looking for a simple low-carb meal that will take under 20 minutes to throw together, this Instant Pot tilapia recipe is exactly what you need.
Served with cooked carrots and green beans, this tilapia is full of flavor thanks to the vegetable broth and the extra butter. If you’re looking to round out your meal, you can always serve the fish with some crispy oven-baked fries on the side. Or keep it a keto Instant Pot tilapia by simply enjoying it with the buttery vegetables and fish.
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
2 fresh tilapia fillets
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup green beans
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 Tbsp butter
Parsley, to garnish
Fresh cracked pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Dump the carrots and the green beans at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add the trivet, then place the two tilapia fillets on top.
- Pour in the vegetable broth over the tilapia. Cube the butter and sprinkle it on top of the tilapia.
- Seal the lid and cook on high pressure (Manual or Pressure Cook) for 8 minutes. When the Instant Pot beeps, release the pressure immediately.
- Garnish the top of the fish with parsley and fresh cracked pepper before serving.