The Ordinary Facial Treatment Set
Recommended by Tsippora Shainhouse, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist based in CA, this top pick includes three products: a vitamin C cream, a hyaluronic acid serum, and niacinamide serum. The vitamin C cream includes azelaic acid, an ingredient that “prevents acne scars from getting darker and helps to fade dark and pink spots over time,” says Dr. Shainhouse. “Azelaic acid is particularly well-tolerated in patients with sensitive skin and rosacea,” adds Susan Massick, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
- Active Ingredients: Vitamin C, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid
- Benefits: Hydrating, brightening
- Who it’s for: People with dark and pink spots; people with sensitive skin and rosacea
Differin Acne Treatment Gel
“Prescription-strength retinoids increase cell turnover, decrease sebum production, and diminish breakouts that can lead to PIH,” says Dr. Massick. This gel has a prescription-strength retinoid that can prevent new blemishes from forming and strengthen damaged skin by restoring its texture and tone.
- Active Ingredients: Adapalene 0.1%
- Benefits: Acne-clearing, brightening
- Who it’s for: People with active acne