1. Olay Regenerist Retinol24 Night Moisturizer
BEST OVERALL NIGHT CREAM
- Top performer in Lab tests
- Firmed skin by 27%
- Makes skin look brighter and feel softer
- A few users noted it took time to absorb
The winner of the GH Beauty Lab’s most recent night cream test, Olay’s light formula featuring gold-standard anti-aging ingredients retinol, niacinamide and peptides outperformed the rest at making skin look brighter and feel softer. It increased skin firmness by 27% according to measurements with the Lab’s Cutometer device, which measures skin laxity.
A tester favorite, an impressive 100% of users agreed it made skin feel softer, although a handful said it didn’t soak in quickly. “This seemed to work as well as my prescription retinoid,” a tester marveled. “My face was firmer and smoother when I woke up each morning,” a second said.
|Retinol, niacinamide, peptides
|Firming, brightening, softening
2. Roc Retinol Correxion Max Daily Hydration Anti-Aging Crème
BEST VALUE NIGHT CREAM
- Reduces wrinkles, including on the eye area
- Minimizes dark spots and boosts radiance
- Can be used night and day
- Could irritate sensitive skin
This retinol-packed drugstore cream from Roc, a GH Seal star and GH Beauty Award winner, is perfect for overnight use, even around the eye area. It made skin look 32% smoother and more radiant after just one week of use — after four weeks, users reported fewer fine lines and eye wrinkles, and after eight weeks, lessened deep wrinkles and dark spots. Some users reported reactions to the product, so GH Beauty Lab pros suggest using it every other night to start to mitigate any irritation.
|Hyaluronic acid, caffeine
|Line smoothing, brightening
|Dull, aging skin